The SHINANO GROUP (referring to all Group companies; hereinafter referred to as “the Group”) believes that it has a social obligation to protect the names, addresses, and other personal information (hereinafter referred to as “personal information”) provided by clients on the Group’s website. Therefore, the Group observes laws and all other norms relating to the handling and protection of personal information.
On the Group’s website (www.shinaoa.co.jp), personal information is protected as follows. The scope of this protection applies to within the website. The Group accepts no responsibility for other websites accessed from links on the Group website. Please check the relevant websites for information on their respective privacy policies.
Personal information provided by clients is used only for the purpose of responding to requests and inquiries, etc. to the Group from relevant clients, as well as other purposes stated on the site. Personal information shall never be used for purposes other than those described above without the prior consent of the user.
The Group shall not provide personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the user. This, however, does not apply in the following cases.
○ When legally obliged to provide information.
○ When necessary to cooperate with national organizations, local public organizations, or other parties to whom work is contracted in order that they may carry out duties stipulated by law, and there is a risk that completion of the relevant work may be hindered by obtaining the user’s consent.
If the content of requests or inquiries, etc. from clients relates to products or services provided by the Group, users’ personal information shall be jointly used with the above Group subsidiaries for the purpose of responding appropriately to the relevant requests or inquiries. The SHINANO GROUP takes full responsibility for the handling of the relevant personal information that is jointly used.
The Group takes appropriate measures to prevent the leakage or outflow of gathered personal information.
The Group responds to requests from clients to disclose, make changes to, or stop using (hereafter referred to as “disclosure, etc.”) personal information as follows.
If wishing disclosure, etc., please enclose some form of document for identification purposes (e.g., copy of driver’s license, passport, health insurance card, etc.) and a receipt for the bank transfer of the commission (copy acceptable), and mail the application to the following address (fee: ¥1,000). Please note that clients shall be responsible for any costs incurred in transferring the commission. Please allow around 2 to 3 weeks following submission of the application for client identity verification, and for the Group to respond in writing.
Personal information obtained during the application for disclosure, etc. shall be handled only within the scope necessary for disclosure, etc. Submitted documents shall be stored in a secure location for a period of 1 year after the Group has responded, after which time they shall be disposed of.
Requests for personal information disclosure, etc. shall not be accepted in the following cases.
○ If unable to confirm the identity of the client (incl. inquiries by telephone, e-mail, etc.)
○ In cases where there is a risk of harm to the life, body, assets, or other rights or interests of either the client or a third party
○ In cases where there is a risk of considerable impediment to the appropriate execution of the Group’s work
○ If other laws are violated
○ If there is a clear violation of public order, and this runs markedly counter to social appropriateness
SHINANO GROUP Co., Ltd., Control Division 15‐20 shin‐e, Yokone‐machi, Obu City, Aichi,474‐0011
The Group may make revisions to this content due to amendments to the law, or other requirements.
・Shinano Group Co., Ltd.
・Shinanoa Co., Ltd.
・Shinano Corporation Co., Ltd.
・Shinano Trading (Tangshan) Co., Ltd.
・Shinanoa Autotech (Changzhou) Co., Ltd.
・PT. Shinanoa Indonesia